The IELTS exam preparation programme coaches students towards achieving success in the IELTS exam, an internationally-recognised qualification. Students are trained to communicate effectively in a wide range of themes and topics. Reading and writing skills necessary for university application are also developed. Particular areas include:
- Analysing data
- Analysing essay questions
- Critical thinking skills for making evaluations and giving opinions
- Presenting an argument
- Speed-reading skills – reading for detail and gist
- Academic vocabulary and typical exam topics
Students also focus on pronunciation and intonation for greater fluency. Listening exercises use authentic materials based on everyday situations to develop comprehension skills for maximum success in the listening test.
- IELTS Exam Preparation courses start every Monday of the year.
- All classes are taught in group size of 8.
- All lessons are of 60 minutes duration.
- Minimum age: 17 years
Rate of progress
Weekly review tests highlight areas which need attention and are a good way to track progress. Mock exams under exam conditions give an idea of which band you will achieve. Typically students can expect to see an increase in overall band score of 1 point over 4 weeks, or 0.5 over 2 weeks.